Collaborative robots, or cobots, are portable robots that work alongside humans to perform various tasks in industrial factory settings such as welding, product inspection, dispensation, conveyance, and so on. Although made for challenging environments, some essential cobot parts like arms damage easily due to extreme environmental factors and operational environments. As the usage of cobots have increased steadily in the last few years, Nabell saw the need for functional covers to help protect the robot arm from environmental factors that could negatively affect its performance and longevity. We have developed the NRF Series of our Robot-Flex suits, for such manufacturers as FANUC, TECHMAN, MITSUBISHI, DENSO, YASKAWA and UNIVERSAL ROBOT brand collaborative robots. Our cobot suits are designed for optimal range of motion for each of the cobot models offered, which also extends the cover’s life. These suits or covers combine traditional processing techniques with the latest 3D printing technologies.
Robot-Flex Suits and Their Main Uses
Nabell has developed a variety of fabric options for our Robot-Flex Robot Suits. The following suits are designed to protect your collaborative robot according to your usage environment.
- Test results based on our standard structure.
- Lacquer Thinner 100%:ISO6450 Passed
- Nitric Acid (31%), Hydrochloric Acid (23%), Ammonia, Skydrol, Methyl Ethyl Carbonate
- Half-life Period: 9.7 seconds (Warp: 670V, Weft: 740V)
- Hydrogen Peroxide Water (Oxydol), Hypochlorous Acid Water, (Conc. 200ppm), Sodium Hypochlorite (Conc. 0.02%), Hypochlorous Acid Water (Conc. 400ppm), Sodium Hypochlorite (Conc. 0.1%)
Hydrogen Peroxide(Oxydol): Positive
Hypochlorous Acid, (Conc. 200ppm), Sodium Hypochlorite (Conc. 0.02%): Slightly changed color on the material (White ⇒ Light yellow), No tearing
Hypochlorous Acid (Conc. 400Ppm), Sodium Hypochlorite (Conc. 0.1%): Spray Test: Positive
Hypochlorous Acid (Conc. 400Ppm), Sodium Hypochlorite (Conc. 0.1%): Immersion Test: Slightly changed color on the material (White ⇒ Light yellow), No tearing
|Fabric thickness [mm]||0.90||0.70||0.59||1.00||–||0.54|
|Heat resistant [°C / F]||80 / 176||60 / 140||150 / 302||300 / 572||700 / 1292||150 / 302|
|Cold resistant [°C / F]||-20 / -4||0 / 32||-60 / -76||-155 / -247||–||-30 / -22|
|Tear strength [N]|
(warp / woof)
|34.3 / 28.4||392 / 398||–||≧50 / ≧80||≧50 / ≧50||–|
|Tensile strength [N]|
(warp / fill)
|214 / 117||1510 / 1360||185 / 115||≧600 / ≧500||≧5000 / ≧4000||242 / 126|
|Dustproof / Waterproof*1||IP 54|
|Characteristic||Dust & Water|
|Oil & Coolant|
|Heat & Spatter|
|Food & Drug|
|Some common uses||General Purpose||Blast Abrasion, Chips||Painting, Misting||Machining||Welding||Food Process, Clean room|
*Please feel free to inquire about other demands.
NRF Series Robot-Flex Suits and Features
Our following NRF Series Robot-Flex Suits are tailor-made for specific purposes. The materials have been developed after years of research and are proven to offer the best value for investment.
- NRF-1: The suits are 0.90 mm thick and are designed for general purpose use. NRF-1 suits are Dust and Water Resistant.
- NRF-2: The suits are 0.70mm thick and assure great Impact Resistance. The suit protects arms from blast, abrasion, and chips.
- NRF-3: The suits are 0.59mm thick and assure excellent Paint Resistance. The suit protects arms during misting, chemical cleanings, wash downs and painting.
- NRF-4: The suits are 1mm thick and provide Oil and Coolant Resistance. These are used to protect arms during machining.
- NRF-5: The suits offer great Heat and Spatter Resistance, and are used to protect cobot arms during machining and welding processes.
- NRF-6: The suits are 0.54 mm thick and assure excellent Food and Drug Resistance These are primarilydesigned for food processing units and clean room applications.
In addition to the above, we also provide partial covers, peripheral device covers, and covers to protect different types of industrial robots and cobots. These covers are custom-made to your specifications and tested to meet stringent operational standards.
What You Can Expect from our Robot-Flex Suits
The NRF Series of our Robot-Flex suits are unique products and developed with much consideration. We believe the following features of our suits make them popular with all leading Cobot suppliers.
- All Robot-Flex suits are easy to put on and take off.
- They are made of specialized materials, which assure improved durability and reduced maintenance costs.
- They create excellent condensation barriers in challenging environments.
- Our Robot-Flex suits assure improved gripper & hand mechanics sensor cover
- They insure protection against heat, shock, water, dust, oil and other contaminants.
We understand that cobots are one of the biggest investments for our industrial clients who use them to perform different challenging tasks. These systems help create safe working environments for employees on the factory floor. At Nabell, we promote safe working environmentsand have been committed to delivering products that help our clients optimize the value of their robotics and automation investments. This understanding combined with our years of research in creating machine covers of high-quality materials, has enabled us to develop our Robot-Flex suits of unmatchable standards. Please feel free to contact us to inquire about the NRF Series of our Robot-Flex suits and any specific demands that you may have. Our experts will be happy to help you.