Collaborative robots, or cobots, as they are popularly referred to, have gained immense popularity in recent years. They work with humans to improve human capabilities in safer ways. For instance, they are used in industrial and commercial facilities for various tasks, including packaging, welding, grinding, polishing, blood testing, and so on. Generally, industrial cobots are made of cast iron, steel, and aluminum. They are fitted with rubber tires for floor grip and quiet operation. Most cobot designs are perfected over years of research and innovation and carefully designed to meet the rigorous requirements of industrial environments. Despite this, they may stop working if affected by environmental factors. Understanding this, Nabell has developed a new NRF series Robot-Flex robot suits, which are used to cover the arms of these robots while working. Currently, the company offers these covers for FANUC, UNIVERSAL ROBOT, and TECHMAN brand cobots. You may have several questions in mind about their utility, type of protection offered, and more. Read below to find out more.
What Makes Nabell NRF Series Robot-Flex Suits Unique?
These suits are made from Nabell’s proprietary NRF materials and combine traditional processing techniques and 3D printing technologies.
What Are the Different Types of NRF Series Suits Offered By Nabell?
Currently, there are six types of NRF series suits offered by Nabell.
What is the Type of Protection Offered by Robot-Flex Suits?
Nabell Robot-Flex suits are made from six types of proprietary NRF material developed by the company. These suits offer different types of protection depending on their material. For instance,
- NRF -1 suits are dust and water-resistant, making them ideal for all general-purpose applications.
- NRF-2 suits are impact-resistant, making them ideal for applications where blast, abrasion, and chips may be present.
- NRF-3 suits are paint resistant and can be used to cover cobot arms during painting and misting applications.
- NRF-4 suits are oil and coolant resistant, and ideal for various machining applications.
- NRF-5 suits are heat and spatter-resistant and can be used to cover cobot arms during welding applications.
- NRF-6 suits are designed for food process and clean room applications as they are food and drug-resistant.
How Much Temperatures Can Robot-Flex Suits Withstand?
Robot-Flex suits have different temperature ranges:
- NRF-1: The suits can withstand temperatures from -4 °F to 80°F.
- NRF-2: The suits can withstand temperatures from 32 °F to 140°F.
- NRF-3: These suits can withstand temperatures from -76 °F to 302°F.
- NRF-4: These suits can withstand temperatures from -242 °F to 572°F.
- NRF-5: These suits can withstand temperatures up to 1292°F.
- NRF-6: The suits can withstand temperatures from -22°F to 302°F.
What is the Performance Standard for Robot-Flex Suits?
Performance standards for Robot-Flex suits vary across types. The following pointers will help you understand it better.
- NRF-2 Robot-Flex suits possess a tensile strength of 1419N; sewn strength of 854N; piercing strength of 54N; and tear strength of 407N.
- NRF-3 Robot-Flex suits possess the anti-static property of 4.7µC/m2 and class 6 low dust generation and have passed the chemical resistance test.
- NRF-4 Robot-Flex suits are oil and coolant resistant and have passed nitric acid (31%), hydrochloric acid (23%), ammonia, skydrol, and methyl ethyl carbonate tests.
- NRF-5 Robot-Flex suits have passed flame resistance tests.
- NRF-6 Robot-Flex suits possess anti-static property and have a half-life period of 9.7 seconds (Warp: 670V, Weft: 740V). The suits have passed the chemical resistance test for Sodium Hypochlorite(Conc. 0.1%), Hydrogen Peroxide Water (Oxydol), Sodium Hypochlorite(Conc. 0.02%), Hypochlorous Acid Water, (Conc. 200ppm), and Hypochlorous Acid Water(Conc. 400ppm).
What is Ingress Protection (IP) Rating of Robot-Flex Suits?
Robot-Flex suits are designed for the following IP ratings.
- IP 54: NRF-1, NRF-2, NRF-4, and NRF-5 suits are IP 54 rated. This shows they will protect the machine from water splashes.
- IP 5X: NRF-3 suits are IP 5X rated, which helps protect against dust, sand, and other fine particles.
- IP 55: NRF-6 suits are IP55 rated, which helps protect against dust ingress. The suits are protected against water jets and solid objects.
You can get in touch with the team at Nabell to discuss these Robot-Flex Robot suits. Experts at the company will guide you through the right material and help you make the right decision.